Friday, December 23, 2011

Business Success Story (Inspiration)

Business Success Story (Inspiration)
Inspiration is a strong drive to succeed. For that, we will share the inspiration in this and the next episode in the Doing Business In Singapore. I am Aji Rokhadi.
Merry Riana success achieved success at a young age in Singapore, which has been achieved because of the vision he had. He wants to be successful before the age of 30 years. The main capital, is courage. We consider the dialogue between Setyadi Ongkowidjaja, chairman of Indonesian Business Centre in Singapore with Merry Riana, who now runs the Merry Riana Organization (MRO) Consultancy Pte Ltd.
You're a graduate electrical engineer from the NTU. And you say that now you have to replace the bow, and apparently included in the sales. May be given an input, or what challenges you live now? Why not practice as an engineer but instead get into sales?

 
MR: Why change course? Actually, at first, maybe my story about my background for a while, to know. At that time I came to Singapore about 8 years ago. Actually it is not something that was already planned. At that time there are many riots and financial crisis, so I came in 1998. I'm here to study at NTU and the fact I choose Electrical & Electronics Engineering, following my father. My father was an electrical engineer. And so, I went along. Back in Jakarta normally, just grab the first technique, after that going to work anywhere. Why I moved off to the sales? A few months before I graduated, I think. Actually after graduating, I work, why work? I want to be successful before 30. Now that I've entered the age of 26. So my goal to be successful before the age of 30. And if my normal engineering work as usual, working 9-to-5, I will not be able to achieve success before the age of 30.

Because you only get paid about S $ 2000 per month huh?

MR: Not only that. It all depends on others, such as promotions and salary increases, depending on the boss, depending on feedback from other employees. So I want to set up my own business, so it all depends on me 100%.

Then you get into sales in order to contact?

MR: Actually, ideally, I want to make my own business. But I was young, no capital, contacts and expertise. Finally I decided I wanted to get sales. Because first I could improve my English, and can be a lot of contacts. If it all depends on my sales. In terms of income, I can reward / revenue appropriately. So I entered the sales.

How many years in sales?

MR: Now coming to 4 years.

And you say could be at least how much income?

MR: The first year of work I could be around S $ 200,000 a year.

Multiplied by Rp 6000 when converted into yen yes. Then if you want to succeed in sales, what is hers? Can get a S $ 200,000 a year it is quite great.

MR: Actually from the quasi-most important thing is courage. Because most people that I see it's got a great ambition, they have a plan, but do not have the courage to run plannya. Especially for someone who just graduated. I actually planted it to yourself, I am nothing to lose. First of courage. Second, a lot of practice.
So if I may rangkumkan, as an engineer, you have a vision for the business itself, and one way, is the need to have contact and capital. And sales is one way that you think is right for you. So maybe the next episode will tell you as ktia chairlady of MRO Consultancy Pte Ltd, a business that you start to manage it now and you will be working 100%. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment